Customize Remix with URL Parameters
There are many ways to customize Remix IDE by using url parameters. Here are some options:
- Activate or deactivate a list of plugins to be activated - and specify which plugin gains the “focus”. SEE MORE
- Send commands to a plugin - once the plugin loads. SEE MORE
- Load a GIST, a file via a url or a base64 encoded string into Remix’s Editor.
- Specify the theme (Dark or Light). SEE MORE
- Specify which panels should be minimized - useful when embedding Remix in your site. SEE MORE
- Select the version of the Solidity compiler, enable/disable the optimizer, turn on auto compile or choose the language for the Solidity compiler. SEE MORE
- Load verified contracts from Etherscan using contract address SEE MORE
Activating a list of plugins
The following example contains the url parameter activate followed by a comma separated list of plugins.
The last plugin in the list will gain the focus.
When you use the activate list, all other plugins that a user had loaded will be deactivated. This does not apply to the file explorer, the plugin manager, and the settings modules because these are never deactivated.
Note: a plugin is called by its name as specified in its profile. There are 3 types of plugins:
- Native Mandatory Plugins that are always loaded (so you don’t need to activate them using the url parameter activate). These include: fileManager, settings, manager (the plugin manager), and udapp (deploy & run).
- Native Optional Plugins that are loaded on demand: debugger, hardhat-provider, solidity, solidityStaticAnalysis, solidityUnitTesting, and vyper
- External Plugins to get these plugins’ names, please go to https://github.com/ethereum/remix-plugins-directory/tree/master/plugins.
Deactiving a list of plugins
Minimizing Remix panels
The following URL will close everything except the main panel & the icon panel (the side and terminal are minimized).
To minimize just the side panel, use this URL:
To minimize just the terminal, use this URL:
Specifying a theme
To link to Remix with a theme specified use this url:
A URL example combining multiple parameters
To link to Remix with the a list of plugins activated and with:
- the Learneth gaining the side panel’s focus (because it is the last in the list)
- the Light theme loaded
- the terminal minimized
- optimize off
use this url:
Load contracts from Etherscan via address
address parameter takes an address, loads all the verified contracts found for the address on different Ethereum networks and saves them into the
etherscan-code-sample workspace of the File Explorer: