Embedding & Linking to Remix
Remix-IDE’s urls have parameters -so it is possible to specify:
- A list of plugins to be activated - as well as which plugin you want to be loaded in the side panel (so it gains the “focus”).
- A Command to be sent to a plugin - once the plugin loads.
- The theme (Dark or Light).
- The panels that should be minimized.
- The version of the Solidity compiler & the optimize option enabled or disabled.
Activating a list of plugins
The following example contains the url parameter activate followed by a list of plugins. The last plugin will gain the focus.
When you use the activate list, all other plugins that a user had loaded will be deactivated. This does not apply to the file explorer, the plugin manager, and the settings modules because these are never deactivated.
Minimizing Remix panels
The following URL will close everything except the main panel & the icon panel (the side and terminal are minimized).
To minimize just the side panel, use this URL:
To minimize just the terminal, use this URL:
Specifying a theme
To link to Remix with a theme specified use this url:
A URL example combining multiple parameters
To link to Remix with the a list of plugins activated and with:
- the Learneth gaining the side panel’s focus (because it is the last in the list)
- the Light theme loaded
- the terminal minimized
- optimize off
use this url: